Today we received confirmation that we were awarded full FM Services of the National Training Centre in Rotorua.
The training centre is sited on a 2-hectare site with some key site features being:
- An administration building.
- Fire simulation structures (retail shops, hotel, residential dwellings etc).
- Simulation areas (service station, motor vehicle crash, train and tunnel etc).
- Sheds, workshops and appliance bays.
- Water harvesting and retention system.
The Training Centre includes a train wreck, a petrol station that explodes and a high rise apartment building and is utlised by Fire Service, Police and the Defence Force to train for special operations.